Wednesday, June 8, 2011




25th Birthday Event

When you are presented with the fact that you have to plan a party for someone, do not become overwhelmed. It is not that hard if you can organize your ideas and needs for the party. Let's start with the assumption that you are doing this all by yourself. No worries just make the list.

I was recently planning my daughter's 25th birthday party and decided to go with a theme of Lilly Pulitzer. You need invitations, food, drinks, plates, napkins, decorations, flowers and a good guest list. When doing you r guest list, double check addresses of your guest. My daughter gave me her list and I went over it with her and we set a limit on the number of invitations. Usually with invitations you can figure on about half to two-thirds of the number of invites to come. Putting RSVP on your invitation helps. This way you have the option of calling someone if you have not heard from them. The mail service sometimes losses mail and I hate it when someone I invite to a party does not receive their invitation. Remember on the invitation you need: who or what the party is for, date, time, place and address, RSPV number and e-mail (if you like), dress for the party, and "no gifts" if you like.

The food and drinks are the major expense you will have. First you need to decide if you are going to make the food or have if catered. Even though my daughter only had 30 people to her party, I had it catered. It was not very expensive and they clean and bring a bartender. I had a very casual party with six different food items, but enough for a dinner. As for the drinks, this is up to you of course. You can even do a "special drink" for the night that goes with you theme if you like. It does not have to be alcoholic, but just fun and put an umbrella or something on the glass to make it festive. Remember to check on your serving pieces, glasses and plates that you will need. And for the birthday cake, remember forks. I almost did. We had chosen the Lilly Pulitzer "dessert tort" theme with the pink elephant and had this on the cake. It was so cute and fun even at 25.

As for decorations, you can go crazy or not. Most of it and be really easy, like hanging light in trees with cute "Lilly" lanterns., using napkins, cups and plates in the theme or color that goes with the theme. Something fun down the center of your food table is always a perfect idea. I used pink and green balloons with the weight down in the "Lilly Pulitzer dessert tort" goody bags (which matched the invitation). It was cute and easy. Just walk through your home and try to imagine something fun to do. Like for my husbands' 50th birthday, I did a "water/beach/blue" theme. Down the middle of the food table I did: dark blue and light blue sand, shells, colored gems (glass), and many votives. I keep it low so people could visit across the table.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mimi_Taylor


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home